what is career wellness-
– Career wellness means doing meaningful work that fits with who you are. It is also about creating a balance among different life roles and priorities. This means if you are burned out at work, this will impact your person personal well-being, emotions, and relationships.
Importance of Career wellness
- Occupational — This is about your attitude towards work.
- Physical — This means taking personal responsibility for your health.
- Social — The importance of social awareness, civic responsibility, and community.
- Intellectual — This dimension regards the pursuit of knowledge and intellectual growth as critical to wellness.
- Emotional — This is all about learning to accept and manage our ever-changing feelings.
Benefits of Career wellness program
- Offer to pay for, or subsidize, gym or exercise class memberships.
- Post signs encouraging employees to take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Create a fitness challenge with prizes..